MAProgress allows you to upload photos that display along along the path of your adventure/event
Each photo uploaded creates a location (similar to a tracking point) in MAProgress with the photo attached to it. For most photos the position on the map is calculated from the time the photo was taken and any tracking data around this time. If the camera has a GPS then the photo's position is taken from this latitude/longitude
You can upload as many photos as you want as long as there is sufficient information to allow us to plot it on the map
Be sure that the time zone is the same as what is in your camera, as the photo's time and/or position in MAProgress will be wrong when uploaded. You can change the default time zone by Editing Your Profile
Each photo has it's own properties, normally the time taken is one of these, but it can be missing if for example you use another program to reduce the photo's size. If the photo does not have the time taken property or there are no locations within 24 hours of this time we can't calculate where the photo was taken
If there is insufficient or incorrect information about the photo for us to process it, you must do the following:
- First tick "There are problems uploading my photos"
If the camera's internal time is wrong, the photos may not be able to be uploaded and/or the positions will be incorrect. We can adjust the times taken to fix this problem:
- Tick "The time in my camera is wrong, please adjust the times to calculate the position of each photo"
- Enter the time taken from one of the photos - the "incorrect time"
- Enter what time it should be - the "correct time"
- We will adjust the time of all photos uploaded by the difference
If the photo does not have the time taken property, or is wrong, you can enter this manually. We have found that the iPhone 4 removes the time taken when uploading, if you're using an iPhone 4 it is best to upload them from your computer (by plugging in or emailing the photos). We often see the time taken removed from the photo when you use a program on your computer to reduce the photo's size, it is enerally best to only upload original photos.
- Tick "The photo does not have a time stamp, or I need to enter this manually"
- Enter the correct time taken for the photo
If there is no tracking in MAprogress within 24 hours of the photo, or you want to enter the exact position then:
- Tick "There is no tracking close by, I need to specify the latitude/longitude of the photo"
- Enter the latitude of the photo
- Enter the longitude of the photo